11 Pretty Prints and Paintings to Liven Up Your Walls This Spring
The first day of spring — the moment you've been waiting for — is right around the corner and with it comes the promise of warmer temps and plenty of sunshine. Oh, and the perfect excuse to redecorate your digs. After months of moody hues and gray skies, you're likely ready for a fresh start. Instead of pulling out the paint cans or switching up your furnishings, a few new pieces of wall art (plus a few bright throw pillows) here and there will transform any and every room in your home, just like that. It's really that simple. Here, we've curated 11 gorgeous prints and paintings from Etsy and beyond that would look perfect on your wall.
1. Island Escapes: A Roman holiday might not be in the cards at the moment, but you don't have to book a ticket to reap the benefits of Italy's vibrant colors, rich history and old world charm. This vibrant print redefines the idea of a staycation, whisking you off to your happy place every time you walk through the door.
SHOP NOW: Bright Blue and Bright Pink Colourful Houses in Burano, Italy, $32, Etsy.com/ItBeganInParis
2. Sweet and Spice: Spice up your kitchen with a pretty peach colored print dotted with fresh herbs and spices. Add in the real deal (a window garden) for maximum impact.
SHOP NOW: Herbs and Spices Illustrated Art Print, $40, RiflePaperCo.com
3. Feminine Fleurs: This stunning print will have you daydreaming of leisurely Saturday morning strolls, flower markets overflowing with just-picked blooms and balmy summer days. What's not to love?
SHOP NOW: “So Much" Giclee Art Print, $20, Etsy.com/ClareElsaesser
4. Read Between the Lines: Add panache to basic white walls with shades of playful pink and linear design.
SHOP NOW: “Agnes Martin at Forever21" by Jenny Sharaf, $600, TappanCollective.com
5. Old World Blooms: Go old school to give walls endless elegant vibes with floral prints dating back to the mid-19th century. They're the perfect partner for a room with classic tastes, but they'll feel right at home with contemporary eclectic design too.
SHOP NOW: Almond Flower Print, $10, Etsy.com/VictorianWallArt
6. Surf's Up: Stressful day? Just gaze at this seaside spot for instant relief.
SHOP NOW: “Surfer Dude," $35, Etsy.com/SweetDreamsandHoney
7. Cactus Garden: Black thumbs rejoice! This prickly print injects energy and life into your space without all the effort.
SHOP NOW: “Cactus Garden" Giclee Print, $35, Etsy.com/ArtandPeople
8. Beautiful Blues: Bright color doesn't have to be in-your-face, so if your style is more of the minimalist variety, this calming blue number is for you.
SHOP NOW: Original “Cascade" by Melissa Ryder, $325, LeifShop.com
9. Abstract Ambiance: The vivid blue hues and subtle pops of green on this 13×13 print light up walls in a major way. Style it alongside natural wood touches and textured throw blankets to amplify the boho-chic-meets-modern effect.
SHOP NOW: “Yeah I Know We Would Be So Great Together" Print by Michelle Armas, $35, MichelleArmas.BigCartel.com
10. City Skyline: Blue skies are undoubtedly one of the most alluring aspects of spring, but when April showers breakout, this print will keep that glorious new season sunshine alive.
SHOP NOW: “Downtown," $61, MargauxAvrilPhotography.com
11. Red Hot: Fashion fanatics, this one is for you. Hang it over a fireplace or coach to create a focal point in your room.
SHOP NOW: “Red Shoes" by Carmen Mitrotta, $349, WestElm.com