20 Genius “Why Didn’t I Think Of That?” Home Hacks
Whether you're looking to work around the lack of space in your home or you want to make your living space a little more tranquil, we've got 20 hacks for you! From making your entryway more clean and inviting to organizing a way less-complicated kitchen, check out the hacks that had us saying, “Why didn't we think of that?!"
1. Line a baking tray with pebbles and sit it next to your door for a place to keep your dirty boots.
2. Hide hallway clutter with a curtain.
3. Use an old window shutter as a mail holder.
4. Paint old wooden crates and nail them to the wall for DIY storage bins.
5. Use an inexpensive flower bucket to create a fun umbrella stand.
6. Store loose bobby pins, scissors, and manicure tools on a simple magnetic strip in the bathroom.
7. Hang a pretty coat rack up in the bathroom to store multiple used towels.
8. Want a quick scented candle? Nestle a tealight in a small bowl or ramekin filled with coffee beans.
9. Store your hair dryer on the cabinet door with the help of a metal magazine holder.
10. Use an inexpensive utensil tray to separate and store your family's toothbrushes in the bathroom drawer.
11. Use shower curtain rings to keep scarves on a hanger.
12. Fit more clothes in a small space by using soda can tabs to double hangers.
13. Use an ice cube tray to separate and store jewelry.
14. Install an LED light strip in your closet or drawer to see your clothes better.
15. Re-purpose old shoe boxes into DIY drawer organizers.
16. Put a lazy susan in your fridge so nothing gets crammed in the back and forgotten about.
17. Hang a clear plastic shoe organizer on the back of your pantry door to store snacks, spices, or even kitchen utensils.
18. Glue wine corks into a picture frame to DIY a bulletin board.
19. Use spice racks and holders to organize your hair and beauty products.
20. Use an old tissue box to neatly store used plastic bags.