7 Simple Steps for Looking (and Feeling!) Hotter Than Ever This Valentine's Day!
It's that time of year for the requisite Valentine's Day “get sexy" article. Here are seven ideas on how to get you out of your sweats and into the sheets. Bonus points for combining them.
1. Start your day with some a.m. action. A workout…on Valentine's Day? Yes, but skip the gym. Sweat it out in the bedroom…or on the kitchen counter (whatever floats your boat). Recommended daily cardio is 30 minutes, so consider factoring in some extra-active foreplay.
2. Wear sexy lingerie. Yeah, yeah, it's on every Valentine's Day must-do list, but you know those granny panties aren't going to make you feel like the fox you are. Join the Mad Men craze and rock some seriously sexy '60s-inspired lingerie complete with garter belts and stockings (no thongs necessary). Mix up a tray of Manhattans to really get you in the mood.
3. Get your hair done. Splurge on a color, cut, or blowout. Having freshly coiffed hair leaves you feeling so much more put together; not to mention it's complete pampering (especially the washing part, ahh). Do it yourself with an at-home hair treatment. (Super-affordable versions are available at drugstores like Walgreens. We like Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask.) Finish it off with Old Hollywood-style curls that are created by hot rollers or a large-barrel curling iron.
4. Stand tall. A pair of high heels never, ever fails to make you feel sexy and confident. Ditch the office standbys and think more along the lines of stiletto, patent, and peep-toe. If your piggies are poking out, under no circumstance should you skip the pedi.
5. Put your face on. Schedule an appointment at a cosmetic counter for a consultation with a makeup artist or drop in for a quick touch-up. Ask for smoky eyes with nude lips for a Bridget Bardot-esque look. This is almost always free of charge, but it's nice to make a purchase for the time and effort spent on your ultra-hot look.
6. Switch up your perfume. Ditch your signature scent for something new and I promise, that certain someone will notice. Solid perfumes like Marc Jacobs Lola are being fashioned into stylish cocktail rings. Only you need to know that's it's an excuse for a new piece of jewelry.
7. Go Brazilian. And we don't mean the country (though you'll be bikini-ready, if you do decide to jet off). If you haven't gone where so many women have before, now is the time. Once you go Brazilian, you never go back. Now, go enjoy yourself south of the border.