5 New Year’s Resolutions to Make With Your Partner
Looking for some resolution ideas? Consider making them with your S.O.–not only does it give you accountability, but it can also give your relationship a major boost. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Make a difference together. Find a cause that you both feel passionately about and volunteer your time or donate and help raise money for the cause this year. Working together towards a common goal–especially one that's selfless and fulfilling–will bring you closer as a couple.
2. Put the phone away. This year's motto should be less texting and more talking when it comes to spending time with your S.O. It's so easy to get wrapped up with whatever's happening on your smartphone (yes, we feel the addition, too), but really, is it that important? Your Instagram feed will still be there after dinner.
3. Get healthy. Sure, this is like the golden resolution–the one we all make every year and then somehow break within the first few weeks (we can't help it that Netflix and greasy pizza is calling our name!) But it's always better when you have a buddy, someone to hold you accountable. And the beauty of being in a relationship is that you always have a person like that in your life. Set goals, get active, and cook delicious healthy meals together. Your body will thank you, and your relationship will benefit from it, too.
4. Make time for date nights. Put a recurring event in your Google calendar now, either weekly or monthly, so that you keep this tradition up. Not only is it fun to spend quality time with your boo outside of the house, but studies have shown that dates help keep your long-term relationship passionate–and who doesn't want/need a little more passion in their lives?
5. Save money. Whether you'd like to get out of debt or want to save for a special purchase or trip, work together to set a goal and make it happen. Besides feeling successful as you watch your money grow (or debt shrink), your relationship will also feel the benefits.
What other resolutions have you made as a couple? Tell us in a comment below!