A Refreshing Summer Salad of Grapefruit and Fennel
Ooh, the summer salad. To us, summer is when a salad is in prime form. Ripe strawberries, fresh mint, oranges and grapefruit straight from the farmer's market – yes, please! It's not that we don't like salads every other time of the year, but when the sun is out and with an abundance of delicious fruit to choose from, salads are in prime form.
Today we are whipping up this perfectly delicious grapefruit & fennel salad. You'll often hear- “it's so easy!"-with most of the recipes that we feature, but it's true! No one has time to spend hours in the kitchen, especially when the weather is so nice outside! These days, we're all about simple meals that are packed full of healthy ingredients. Doesn't need to be fancy or complicated, just honest & good.
So with that, let us introduce you to your favorite new summer salad: the grapefruit & fennel!
- 2 oranges, peeled and split into wedges
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and split into wedges
- 1 head of fennel, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- The juice from the citrus should dress the salad completely.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on Lauren Kelp.