Greek Veggie Panini
Packed with classic Greek flavors, this vegetable centered panini is an excellent lunch or snack.
Makes 2 paninis
- 2 7-inch pitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 4 to 6 thin slices red onion
- 1/2 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cups liced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup drained pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup diced seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
Step 1: Preheat panini grill to high.
Step 2: Brush one side of each pita with oil. Place on a work surface, oiled side down, and spread hummus over half of each pita, dividing evenly and leaving a 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) border around the edges. Evenly layer onion to taste, cucumber, roasted peppers, olives, tomato and feta on top of hummus. Sprinkle with pepper and oregano. Fold pitas over filling, pressing gently to pack.
Step 3: Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of 200 Best Panini Recipes.