We love traditional pizzas with sourdough bases cooked in wood-fired ovens but, when feeling low (or hungover), nothing quite beats a beautifully melty 'delivered to your door' pizza. This lives up to the filth factor: it's made on standard white bread and we include a Frazzle crust for added crunch! Mix up the toppings with your own selection. Just make sure you don't overfill the toastie, or it will fall apart.
1. Place one slice of bread buttered side down. Lay the slice of smoked Cheddar on the bread, then 1 tablespoon of the pizza sauce. Scatter the sweetcorn on top then follow with another slice of bread.
2. On top of the second slice of bread, add the American cheese, a second tablespoon of pizza sauce, the pepperoni, if using, the grated mozzarella and the jalapeños. Finish with the third slice of bread, buttered side facing out.
3. If you are not including the Frazzle crust, simply cook using your preferred method (frying pan, panini press, toasted sandwich maker, oven, toaster bag.
4. For the Frazzle crust, first cook the sandwich using the frying pan method. Once cooked, set the sandwich aside and place the pan back over a medium heat. Sprinkle in 1 handful of the grated Cheddar and, when it starts to bubble, add 1 handful of the crushed Frazzles and immediately add your closed sandwich to the pan. Press down with a spatula or heavy pan to ensure an even melt and leave to cook for 3–4 minutes before flipping and repeating on the other side, adding the remaining Cheddar and Frazzles to the pan before adding the turned sandwich, to achieve the crust on both sides.
5. Cut and devour immediately. You won't regret it!