There's lots of dicing and mincing to do here, but once that's out of the way, you just toss everything together and you're done. This makes a fresh, colorful condiment for grilled or sautéed pork chops, chicken breasts, or fish fillets.
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 small, ripe mangoes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber (about 6 inches), peeled
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus a stem for garnish
- 1 green onion, white and light green parts only, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Step 1: Peel and pit the mango and cut the flesh into ¼-inch dice. Cut the cucumber into ¼-inch dice. Cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch dice.
Step 2: Put the mangoes, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, green onion, and jalapeño in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Add the lime juice, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss, taste, and adjust the seasoning. Garnish with cilantro stem if desired. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Knives Cooks Love.