Micaela’s Nirvana Bars
You'll find yourself unable to resist being drawn in by the smell of chocolate, nuts, coconut, and all the rest of the chewy, crunchy deliciousness of these nirvana bars.
Makes 3 dozen 1 1/2-inch bars
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 9 full graham cracker sheets, crushed into coarse crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/2 of a 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Step 1: Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, graham cracker crumbs, and salt; stir to mix well. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the baking pan. Layer on the chopped nuts, then the semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and bittersweet chocolate chips. Sprinkle the coconut evenly on top. Lastly, drizzle on the condensed milk, covering everything with a thin layer.
Step 3: Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan, then cut into 1 ½-inch bars. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of The Pollan Family Table.