Your Next Brunch Special: A Spicy Bacon Bloody Mary
If you ask us, brunch is our favorite meal of the week. Why? Not only are you surrounded by friends but typically, a boozy little drink (or two) is involved. It is the weekend after all and you deserve it! We got spice gurus, Spiceologist, to share a recipe for a delicious spicy bacon Bloody Mary. Your next homemade brunch is about to be kicked up a notch.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups spicy tomato juice (like Spicy V8)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire or Maggi
- 4 ounces of Vodka
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce, optional
- Smoky honey habanero spice rub
- Candied bacon (see below for instructions)
- Chili salt (see below for instructions)
- Pickled green beans
- Celery stalks
Step 1: Sprinkle smoky honey habanero spice rub onto bacon, and bake on a wire rack sprayed with non-stick spray for 15-20 minutes at 425F. Flip the bacon halfway through.
Step 2: In a large pitcher add all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Garnish with the candied bacon, pickled green bean, lime wedge and radish. Serve immediately.
Chili Salt Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed chili flakes
- Add both to a small bowl and stir together
Drink recipe and photos courtesy of Spicologist