Roasted Vegetable Wraps with Garlic Mayonnaise
These veggie-packed wraps, spiced up with a zesty garlic mayonnaise, make for an excellent easy lunch or midday snack.
Makes 6 wraps
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 lb mushrooms, cut into fourths
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 or 10 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
Garlic Mayonnaise - Mix the following ingredients in small bowl.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Step 1: Heat oven to 450°F. Spread bell pepper, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 × 10 inch.
Step 2: Mix oil, basil, salt and pepper. Brush over vegetables. Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender; cool slightly.
Step 3: Spread about 2 teaspoons Garlic Mayonnaise down center of each tortilla to within 2 inches of bottom. Top with vegetables, spreading to within 2 inches of bottom of tortilla. Top with 1⁄4 cup lettuce.
Step 4: Fold one end of tortilla up about 1 inch over filling; fold right and left sides over folded end, overlapping. Fold remaining end down.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker Country Cooking.