Leather – which represents protection and touch – is the traditional material of the first anniversary. Crystal and glass are modern additions. Here are is your complete guide to the third wedding anniversary.
- Wallet: A traditional gift that's always needed, try slipping something special inside, like tickets to a show or a coupon redeemable for one free massage.
- Valet: A stylish addition to the bureau.
- Watch: A beautiful watch with a leather strap is always in demand.
- Leather-bound book: Try scoring out-of-print or original edition of one of your sweetie's favorite classics.
- Shoes/boots: Lady in your life? After diamonds, shoes are the next obvious choice!
- Gardening gloves: Encourage your spouse's green thumb with some gloves – plus a gardening kit and bucket full of seeds and bulbs!
- Purse: Did somebody say Yves Saint Laurent?
- Belt: A stately leather belt is the perfect accessory.
- Leather jacket: You can't go wrong with an investment like this.
- Briefcase, messenger bag or laptop bag: Get a brand new carryall for your worker bee.
- Luggage: Pack your bags: You're off to a romantic getaway!
- Saddle: Okay, maybe your sweetie isn't exactly an equestrian – but how about a spin on a mechanical bull? Talk about a wild anniversary!
- Autographed baseball, football, soccer ball or basketball: A sports enthusiast will go nuts for this one.
- Donation to wildlife foundation or animal shelter: Don't believe in leather products? Get your sweetie an homage to animals instead.
- Business card or checkbook holder: It's a gift your loved one can use – and probably would buy for himself.
- Desk set: A new leather desk set: so chic.
- Leather gloves: A stylish treat for either of you.
- Sex toys: Restraints are always a good time – try something in a soft kid leather!
- Leather game set: Chess, backgammon – whatever the game, it's even more fun in leather.
- Leather portfolio: Your artist spouse will thank you for this thoughtful, useful gift.
Crystal and Glass
- Swarovski jewelry: Just as glam as diamonds, but more affordable.
- Swarovski figurines: Something to cherish.
- Crystal necklace: It symbolizes eternal love.
- Crystal barware: Something to up the style quotient of your home, Mad Men-style.
- Blown-glass sculpture: Got a spouse who's into objets d'art? This is the perfect anniversary to present one made of crystal.
- Glass jewelry: Hand-blown glass jewelry is a great way to honor your honey – and a struggling artisan.
- Candle holders: Have a romantic dinner by candlelight – every night!
- Crystal lamp: What a great way to glamorize your bedroom. Hey, why not go for a pair?
- Glass or crystal vase: A bouquet of your sweetie's favorite buds in a glamorous vase is a thoughtful and chic surprise.
- Engraved glass products: The great thing about crystal is it's easily engraved.
This article was written by a professional writer, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more, see our about us page: link below.