Lace -- which represents intricate beauty -- is the traditional material of the 13th wedding anniversary. Fur and textiles are modern additions. Here’s your complete guide to the 13th wedding anniversary!
- Lacy lingerie: This is definitely the way to go on this anniversary!
- Lace garter: Spice things up with one of these under your dress....
- Lace clothing or even lacy pumps: A great gift for any girly girl.
- Lace tablecloth: This makes an elegant backdrop for a romantic anniversary meal.
- Filigree lace jewelry: Go for a precious take on this traditional material.
- Dream trip to France: Head to Chantilly, France, where a famous song about lace was once inspired.
- Dream trip to Nottingham, England: It may not have a song named after it, but Nottingham lace is another beautiful variation of the material.
- Lace roses: They exist, and they're adorable.
- Lacy photo album: Fill it with pictures of all your years together.
- Lacy wedding dress: Take the opportunity to renew your vows!
- Faux fur coat: A luxurious way to say I love you.
- Faux fur rug: Even a cowhide rug is something you can both enjoy.
- Furry handcuffs: These can be a fun surprise!
- Fur-lined boots: While these make a great gift, a day spent playing in the snow is even better.
- Animal-print clothing or decor: This counts as fur in our book -- even if it's not furry!
- Pet: A dog or cat that you've always wanted can be a great way to multiply your love (if you're both on the same page about this, of course).
- Donation to an animal rescue or wildlife foundation: A very thoughtful gift if the cause is meaningful to your significant other.
- Trip to the zoo: Spend the day at the zoo and make a bunch of furry new friends.
- African safari: Feeling adventurous? Book a once-in-a-lifetime trip to celebrate 13 years together while gazing at wildlife.
- Clothing: Any kind counts, so take each other on a shopping excursion!
- Fresh new bed sheets: You'll want to linger in bed...and then linger some more.
- Luxurious robe: Always a welcome gift -- especially when coupled with a day at the spa.
- Soft towels: These, you can both enjoy postshower -- or on a beach day together.
- Sexy bathing suit: Wear this during a day of fun in the water to make your anniversary a splash!
- Reupholstered furniture: Get your favorite piece of furniture -- perhaps an heirloom -- reupholstered as a special gift.
- Brand-new suit: A custom-tailored suit is something every guy could use.
- Canvas picnic basket: Pack this with everything you two need for a day of splendor in the grass.
- Original painting on canvas: A unique way to express your love to a creative spouse.
- Beautiful tapestry: This makes a great gift for a significant other who loves to decorate.
- Handmade item: Got a knack for sewing? Be it a piece of clothing or even a tote bag, this is a beautiful, personalized way of showing your love.
Did we miss any? We want to know your ideas! Leave a comment to add to our ultimate anniversary ideas list.
This article was written by a professional writer, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more, see our about us page: link below.