9 Incredibly Chic Alternatives to the Traditional Headboard
Whether your bedroom needs a major facelift or you're just looking to spice things up, your bed isn't a bad place to start. From unexpected antiques to elegant tapestries, let these chic headboard alternatives inspire your next bedroom update.
1. Salvaged House Parts: Scour your local flea market or favorite antique haunt for vintage doors, windows, shutters and more to infuse your bedroom with a hint of rustic chic flair.
Photo: Dreamy Whites
2. Wallpaper Panels: Put a new twist on the statement wall by placing a panel of wallpaper strategically behind your bed. Cool shades of gray and subtle patterns work wonders on white walls, but feel free to get funky with bright, eye-catching colors.
3. Copper Platters: Decorative dishes aren't exactly a new idea, but placed in the bedroom? Now that's revolutionary.
4. Gallery Wall: Make your favorite art work the focus of your room by arranging paintings, photographs or prints in a symmetrical fashion over your bed. This is a fantastic solution for couples who love change — just rotate photos when you're itching to spice things up.
Photo: A Touch of Luxe
5. Wood Paneled Wall: Create a relaxing oasis within your own home with natural accents and neutral hues. No need for a stand-alone headboard when you have a striking wood-paneled wall.
Photo: Capital Building
6. Grasscloth Wingback Headboard: Liven up your living space with a simple statement piece that really packs a punch. The wingback style of this DIY grasscloth number feels incredibly cozy and will instantly add an element of texture to any room.
Photo: Centsational Girl
7. Sheer Fabric Panels: Channel some serious bohemian vibes by framing your bed with panels of light airy fabric. Add in a few pillar candles for added ambiance.
Photo: Urban Outfitters
8. Shelving: Sleek storage solutions are not only a great way to frame your sleeping space, it's the perfect way to display art work too — no nails and hammers required.
9. Stikwood Headboard: Believe it or not, this stylish headboard is an Ikea hack. If you've got an existing headboard on-hand that needs a serious update, this DIY is a must-see.
Photo: Sugar and Cloth