Bronze – which represents beauty and durability – and pottery – indicative of nature and simplicity-- are the traditional materials of the eighth anniversary. Linen and lace are modern additions. Here is your complete guide to the eighth wedding anniversary.
- Bronze jewelry: Try a bronze ring, earrings or necklace engraved with your anniversary date.
- Bronze sculpture: If your significant other is an art lover, try a miniature bronze replica of a famous statue, such as Rodin's The Thinker or Michelangelo's David.
- Bronze plaque: Commemorate your love with an engraved plaque.
- Bronze home decor: Much Southwestern décor uses bronze, so if that's your spouse's style, this can be a great anniversary gift choice.
- Bronze picture frame: Fill it with a photo from your first vacation or a particularly romantic pre-marriage date night.
- Bronze yourselves: Jet off to a tropical island to bronze your skin in the sunshine (but don't forget your sunscreen!). Hey, it's your anniversary – and your interpretation!
- Bronze lamps: A beautiful touch for the bedroom.
- Bronzed baby shoes: If your husband never had his baby shoes bronzed, this would be an adorable gesture for your anniversary.
- Sword from the Bronze Age: Is he a history buff? Get him a replica of a sword or other memorabilia from the Bronze Age.
- Bronze garden statue: For someone who feels at home in the garden.
- Fire pit: Get cozy on a chilly anniversary evening.
- Bookends: A pair of bookends is a cute way to express how well you complement each other.
- Money clip: Have it engraved with your anniversary date.
Linen and Lace
- Oil painting: An oil painting – traditionally done on linen – is a simply gorgeous anniversary gift.
- Clothing: Linen pants – for a warm-weather vacation, perhaps?
- Irish linen: This type of linen, one of the finest in the world, is available through many online vendors.
- Linen paper: Write a love note on lovely linen.
- Linens: Luxurious new linens for the bed – what could be more sumptuous?
- Linen napkins: A great gift for a proud entertainer.
- Lacy lingerie: A little bit of lace, a lot of you know what!
- Lace tablecloth: A great way to make anniversary dinner an extra-special experience.
- Lace roses: Yes, they exist – and they're so chic!
- Vintage lace dress: For the fashion icon, something with a bit of history – just like your romance.
- Silk roses: Okay, it's not exactly linen, but it's close – and it's fantastic!
- Silk screened print: Pick up a fun, modern silk screened work of art for your anniversary.
- Silk covered notebook: For a spouse who loves to sketch and write, a silk-covered notebook is a posh gift.
- Silk robe: A luxurious robe is a great post-shower treat.
- Silk blindfolds: Get a little bit wild in the bedroom this anniversary night!
- Silk boxers: Another sexy touch.
- Silk tablecloth: Have a romantic dinner together with a silk tablecloth that represents eight years of devotion.
Did we miss any? We want to know your ideas! Leave a comment to add to our ultimate anniversary ideas list.
This article was written by a professional writer, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more, see our about us page: link below.