1st Anniversary: Traditional Gift Ideas and More
1. Pictures: Framed photos and prints – whether personal or by a favorite artist – are always meaningful gifts for that first year.
2. Tickets: Whether it's to a concert, sports event, play or other live engagement, tickets can lead to a fun and memorable anniversary.
3. Notebooks: If your spouse likes to write, sketch or just jot thoughts down, a beautiful, bound notebook is a special treat.
4. Airplane tickets: Thinking of jetting off somewhere special? An anniversary is the perfect occasion. Here are some great trips for two to get you inspired. (Link TK)
5. Love and sex coupons: One free massage, anyone? Try a few of our very own coupons here. (Link TK)
6. Books: Instead of just picking up a title by your sweetie's favorite author, try scoring an autographed copy or even an out-of-print collectable tome.
7. Personalized stationery: Monogramming never goes out of style.
8. Love letter: Old fashioned? There's something to be said for that. Pour out your heart in a handwritten note.
9. Message in a bottle: Take that love note and roll it up into an old-fashioned green glass bottle for a romantic anniversary treasure.
10. Recycled paper décor: For a décor enthusiast, try an edgy home accessory made of recycled paper products.
11. Cigars: Fine Cuban cigars are a manly take on the traditional first anniversary gift.
12. Digital camera: Whether it's a slim, point-and-shoot or a professional-style SLR camera with a zoom lens, you can't go wrong with a great gadget.
14. DVDs/CDs: Romantic movies and love songs are a sweet gesture – but a favorite cinematic genre or recording artist may be your best bet.
15. Sunglasses: Designer shades are a fashion-forward treat.
16. Yoga mat: Let your sweetie do downward dog in style.
17. Gift card: For the person who's impossible to shop for, this may actually be the most appreciated option.
18. iPod, iPad or iPhone: For a Mac addict, there can be no better choice.
19. Tools: Head over to The Home Depot for a tricked-out drill/driver or a powerhouse table saw.
20. Television: A brand new flat-panel is sure to please (both of you).
21. Laptop: Yet another fail-proof option.
22. Sex toys: Get naughty with gifts you can enjoy together.
23. Passport: Surprise your spouse with a renewed passport – and tickets to an exotic destination.
24. Surf board: A true wave rider can never have enough boards.
25. eReader: A nook or a Kindle is the gift that keeps on giving.
26. Watch: A designer watch – or one passed down through your family; either way, a time-honored classic for your anniversary.
27. Engraved wall clock: Commemorate your love with a wall clock bearing your anniversary date.
28. Desk clock: A handsome addition to the desktop is a unique choice.
29. Grandfather clock: For lovers of old things, grandfather clocks have a history and presence that can't be denied.
30. Clock/radio: Give him something you know he'll use every day.
Did we miss any? We want to know your ideas! Leave a comment to add to our ultimate anniversary ideas list.